Friday 5 April 2013

Hi-Tech Windows

I found these two strays in the turn-ups of my bio-hazard suit trousers.  They both look like stills from a 1980s "the aliens are amongst us" thriller, but were both taken in the last couple of years in or near the University.

It's nice to know someone is doing the sort of work that even a man like Michael Gove can recognise as "advanced technology".  Though I imagine the Sausage Construction Laboratory at Universal Foods & Glues Ltd. looks quite similar.







That top one will some day make an interesting pairing with one of the "graduation marquee" images.  The bottom one, I'm not so sure about.  I like the way the printed circuit is emerging from behind the shattered mirror, like the shot in a film where damaged skin reveals a person to be a cyborg.  But I have no idea why it was there -- maybe it fell off a UFO, or is some alien's heads-up helmet display?  Or even an early prototype of the dreaded Google Glass?

I'd better call Torchwood...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that might be a heating element rather than a printed circuit ... no scraping the ice off the side mirrors for some.

Martyn