Monday 11 April 2011

April is the Busiest Month

A busy few weeks ahead, as I try to work around the ridiculous run of public holidays coming up -- April is one long holiday this year. And can Easter get any later than this? Posts will be thin, I'm afraid.

As a non-royalist, I'm contemplating the best response to the wedding. Maybe we should demand the right to work on the "extra" bank holiday, a sort of anti-strike? I'm not a militant anti-royalist, more like those peasants in Monty Python and The Holy Grail, unaware that they even had a king ("Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government").



Isn't it odd, how startling originality quickly becomes a commonplace? I think by now probably most people think that "April is the cruellest month" is a piece of folk wisdom, which probably has something to do with tax returns. It's possible, of course, that they're right.

4 comments:

Gustaf Erikson said...

Still, nice to know that "The Waste Land" has made *some* impression on the global consciousness.

Kent Wiley said...

The best viaduct photo so far.

Tyler Monson said...

No, it's not.


BTW, Mike, I removed my bookmark for the New York Times... and replaced it with Wondermark.
Life it much better now.

Anonymous said...

"Life >is< much better now.