Monday 1 December 2008

Animal Magic

One very long theme (project would be too grand a word) that is inevitably drawing to a close has centred on my children's toy animals and their adventures in and around our house. A lot of these date back to ye olden dayes of ffilme, so I've been scanning some recently on my old Minolta Dimage Scan Speed film scanner, having revived it by the purchase of a Ratox U2SCX SCSI-to-USB2 converter. Not cheap, but it does actually work. Basically, you end up with the equivalent of a rather noisy 10 Megapixel digital camera, but one with the special feature of being able to see into the past.


Roaring lion

Mammoths in a bottle*

Bat on a string

I may put a set of these together (plus some zoo and museum pictures) to make a Blurb book on an animal theme.

* Forgot to say: this one reminds me of a favourite joke when I was small:

Q: What is the best way to capture an elephant?
A: Look at it through the wrong end of a telescope, pick it up with tweezers, and put it in a jam jar.


(Hmm, maybe you just had to be there ...)

No comments: